Start your day with mixed sprouts sandwich which has high nutritional value. They are not only health rejuvenator but also mood freshers. Sprouts are wonder foods which are rich in fibre, protein, minerals, vitamins, and enzymes. Natural sprouts are good for a healthy body and mind development. It ensures blood purification and strengthens the immune system. In naturopathy, due to its preserving and promoting health aspects, sprouts are termed as medicine.
Ayurveda considers sprouted grains, beans and seeds as the healthiest kind of food as it is sattvic food.
Sprouts for individual doshas
Vatas should have black lentils, mung beans or any nuts and seeds; consume with digestive spices like black pepper, ginger, and cumin.
Pittas should have any legumes except black lentils; sprout of any raw nuts/seeds except almonds, pumpkin and sunflowers
Kaphas should have any legumes like chickpeas, beans like aduki, black, white, navy, pinto, etc except mung beans, lentils, soybeans and kidney beans); consume with digestive spices like ginger, black pepper and cumin. Sprouts are highly beneficial for Kapha.
- 1 cup soaked mixed sprouts
- 8 bread slices
- 1 teaspoon refined oil
- 2 tablespoon ghee
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 3 chopped green chilli
- 1 teaspoon wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped coriander leaves
- few leaves of freshly chopped mint leaves
- 1 medium sized chopped capsicum (green pepper)
- 1 dash oregano
- 2 pinches chilli flakes
- Boil 1 ½ cup of water and then soak sprouts in this water for about 15-20 min. Add salt to it and just grind it for few seconds to prepare very coarse paste of it.
- In a wok or kadhai, heat little oil over a moderate flame and stir-fry the paste for a while and add wheat flour to it. Stir it for 2-3 minutes and let it cool down.
- Prepare chutney by grinding coriander leaves, mint leaves, green chillies and salt. Add lemon juice to it for a nice taste.
- Spread the chutney on the bread slices and place sprouts paste evenly on green chutney on 4 of the slices. Cover each slice with the remaining slices.
- Heat the tawa and toast sandwiches over medium flame. Add little ghee on the edges so sandwiches will become crispier.
- Serve them hot with ketchup and sprinkle oregano and chilli flakes for yummier taste.
Enjoy Yummy Sprouts Sandwich!