Being a natural ayurvedic blood purifier, lemon cures many dangerous diseases such as cholera and malaria. It plays a major role to release toxins from the body. Since it is an active blood purifier food, thereby helps in treating wrinkles, acne, skin rashes, pimples, and blemishes. It is also used in the purification procedure of metalling ayurvedic ingredients.
The recipe is actually pretty easy and the ingredient list is not too long. You probably already got most of the ingredients in your pantry.
For the vegan lemon cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup lemon-flavored soy yogurt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 1/2 tablespoons oil
- 3 teaspoons lemon zest
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
For the glaze
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- Grease the Bundt pan with butter and lightly dust with flour.
- Melt the butter in a small pot.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon.
- Pour the dough into the bundt pan and bake for about 40 minutes.
- Use a toothpick to check if the cake is ready.
- Leave in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile make the glaze: Combine the powdered sugar, the lemon juice, and the water and stir well.
- Once the cake has cooled, pour the glaze over the cake and sprinkle with the remaining lemon zest. Enjoy!
Tip: Use fresh lemon juice for the cake rather than the packaged one.