In Ayurveda, more emphasis is placed on diet and it is used as the preventative health measure. Ayurvedic diet is therapeutic and is most appropriate for your body type and is beneficial for mind, body and emotional health.
Vata balancing foods calm vata by supporting proper digestion and elimination. Vata diet helps in lubricating and nourishing the tissues, preserving moisture, and maintaining warmth.
This dish is prepared by using vata pacifying vegetables like zucchini, carrots, beets, potatoes, okra, cucumber, green peas, parsley etc. the vegetables are cooked in ghee and almond sauce to make it yummy and nutritious.
- 1 cup of diced mixed vegetables like potato, zucchini, carrots, peas
- 1/2 cup of shredded tender greens
- 1 cup of paneer cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp. cumin seeds
- 1 inch freshly minced ginger
- 3 cloves grounded
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- rock salt acc to taste
- 1/2 unflavored curd
- 25 almonds presoaked
- water 5 cups
- Ghee 1 1/2 tbsp.
- Freshly chopped cilantro for garnishing.
- Steam cook vegetables for about 7-8 minutes till they become tender.
- For almond sauce, grind almonds, ginger, curd and some water to prepare a smooth puree.
- In a heavy bottomed vessel, add ghee and then add cumin seeds and stir it. Then add greens and all the spices.
- Cook it on low flame and add water and bring it to boil.
- Add steamed vegetables and sauce and let it simmer for 7-8 minutes and stir it occasionally.
- Now add paneer cubes and stir and remove from heat.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve this yummy vegetable with rice for a wholesome meal.