Widely considered to be one of the healthiest dishes to exist, the Tabbouleh is a combination of 10 superfoods packed in one delicious salad. It is high on protein with a wide amino acid spectrum, low in fat and contains several minerals. It boasts of anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties which helps manage blood sugar and blood pressure. It reduces the risk of diabetes and cholesterol and aid in digestion. It flushes the respiratory tract and improves lung functioning. Along with increasing bone density it also improves dental health.
It is easy to make and extremely palatable with minor adjustments according to your specific needs.
- 2 large bunches of parsley, chopped
- 1 cucumber
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 bunch of mint, chopped
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup bulgur
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Few whole mint leaves
- Soak the bulgur in boiling water in a small bowl and cover it. The water level should exceed the bulgur by 1/2 inch.
- After 15 minutes, drain off the excess water and place bulgur in a large ball.
- Add the onions, parsley, mint and tomatoes.
- Add lime juice and salt.
- Add the olive oil.
- Toss all the ingredients together and adjust seasonings according to taste.
- Garnish with mint leaves and serve.