Festive season gives us the opportunity to relish on some scrumptious sweets! And for all those who have a sweet tooth, magas ladoos is something you wouldn’t want to miss. So, let’s prepare this delightful, rich and creamy magas ladoos with pistachio filling:
- 5 tbsp. lightly roasted ground pistachio
- 3 tbsp. khoya (Mawa)
- 3 tbsp. powder sugar
- 1 small pinch cardamom powder
- 250g plain besan (Coarse chickpea flour)
- 1 tbsp. homemade Ghee
- 2 tbsp. milk (warm)
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg powder
- for garnishing pistachio slivers, saffron threads or edible gold leaf (optional)
Mixture 1 (for magas ladoo)
- Take milk and add 1tbsp. of homemade ghee. To this mixture, add 250 gm. gram flour.
- With a gentle mix, see there are no lumps formed and leave it for half hour.
Mixture 2 (for filling)
- Meanwhile, it is time to roast Khoya (Mawa). Take a pan and over medium flame, lightly roast khoya for a couple of minutes.
- Add powdered sugar and a pinch of cardamom powder.
- You may also want to add finely chopped pistachios to it.
- Turn off the heat and leave it aside.
- Sieve mixture1 to get nice crumbly textured flour. Now in a non-stick pan, heat around 150 gm. ghee and add the crumbly textured flour. Keep stirring it until golden and fragrant.
- You’d love the aroma of this mixture (magas ladoo). Turn off the heat and transfer mixture into a bowl. Semi-cool this mixture and add sugar, nutmeg powder and cardamom powder.
- Divide the filling into equal parts (depending on how many ladoos you want to make) into tiny sized marble balls.
- Now take small amounts of the mixture 1 and roll it into a ball.
- Then, slightly flatten it and put the filling at the center. Carefully, roll mixture 1 (magas ladoo) to make sure that the filling of pistachio is covered properly from all the side.
- Repeat this procedure with the remaining mixture.
- Arrange them evenly on a serving tray.
- Garnish these ladoos by sprinkling pistachio slivers and saffron threads on top of each ladoo.
- Mouth-watering magas ladoos are ready to be served!
Do let us know how you liked the recipe in the comment section below.