Sprouts are known in Ayurveda to be a great source of vitamins and proteins. Ayurveda considers it to be sattvic, which is the healthiest type of food. Moreover, seeds can be sprouted quite easily at home which makes this a very cost, time, and health effective substitute for breakfast.
Sprouts from black lentils, mung beans are great for the vatas. Sprouting any seed except sunflowers and pumpkins are good for pittas. Chickpea and black beans are beneficial for kaphas. Sprouts Jalfrezi is really healthy breakfast recipes using sprouts.
- 2 tablespoons of ghee, powdered coriander seeds, and salt.
- 1 tablespoon of cumin seeds, chopped garlic, shredded ginger, and chopped coriander leaves
- 200 grams of moong/chana sprouts/Chick peas.
- Half a tablespoon of turmeric, chilli powder, and garam masala
- Half a cup of grated tomatoes and yoghurt.
- Fry the cumin seeds with ginger and garlic in ghee. Add the tomatoes and stir fry until the fat separates.
- Add the chilli powder, garam masala, salt, and the turmeric powder. Additional vegetables can be added as well.
- Stir fry until all ingredients have been mixed properly.
- Add the sprouts in high heat and stir fry till they look slightly fried.
- Add a cup of water and bring the mixture to a boil. Let the mixture simmer uncovered for a minute.
- Add the yogurt and mix properly.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.