The golden, tiny seed of fenugreek is overloaded with nutrients. It is widely used in India and Asian countries and is also used in various Ayurvedic medicines.
Methi seeds are extremely good for cardiac health as it controls triglycerides and prevents the absorption of cholesterol. It helps to control blood pressure and heart rate.
It flushes out the toxins from the body and also aids in digestion, gives relief from gastric troubles and inflammation.Its anti-viral property helps to relieve the cold and sore throat.
Methi dana sabji is also very good for lactating mothers and is also a good postnatal food.
Sprouting increase the nutritional value and makes it easier to digest. It’s difficult to consume more than 1 tsp of raw fenugreek seeds. But if they are sprouted, you can eat them daily without any complain of the bitter taste. Sprouting fenugreek seeds is quite easy.
- 3 cup fenugreek sprouts/ methi dana sprouts
- 6 dry dates / khaarik
- 5 tbsp. raisins / kishmish
- 1 tbsp. green Chillies
- 1 tsp mango Powder / amchoor Powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/3 tsp turmeric Powder / haldi Powder
- Salt to taste
For tempering / tadka
- 3 tbsp. cooking oil
- 1/3 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/3 tsp cumin seeds / sabut Jeera
- 1/3 tsp fennel seeds / saunf
- 4 dried red chilli
- Wash and then rinse the sprouts and drain out the water.
- Heat the oil in a pan and then add the tempering.
- When cumin starts to crackle, add chopped green chilies and raisins.
- Stir properly.
- If the seeds are dry then soak them in water for a few hours.
- Now, add sliced dates and turmeric in the pan and then mix.
- Add the sprouts and sauté for a minute on medium heat.
- Add 1/2 cup water and salt. Then start mixing.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook on low heat.
- When the seed become slightly soft, add mango powder and cook on high heat to remove all the moisture.
- When the curry becomes dry, remove it from the gas stove.
- Serve hot or cold.
It can easily stay well in the refrigerator for a week.