Spinach is considered one of the healthiest foods in the world. This soup is surely meant for those who are looking to lose some calories. Spinach has alpha-lipoic acid which is an antioxidant. This decrease blood glucose levels while simultaneously increasing insulin sensitivity. It also contains vitamins A and C, and the minerals manganese and zinc. This helps in proper functioning of various body system, from digestive health to eye sight. Apart from taking care of your bone health, it will also improve your mind power!
- Fresh spinach, washed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- ½ cup cream of coconut or rice milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat ghee in a soup pot.
- Sauté the cumin seeds until they are lightly browned.
- To it, add spinach and water.
- Bring to a boil and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Now add the cream of coconut or rice milk.
- Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Place this mixture in a blender and blend for about 3 seconds.
- Season it with pepper and salt and serve hot.
Go take a sip now.