Roasted vegetables spiced up with Cajun blend and with garlic sauce makes it as a great side dish or it can be used to make wraps and tacos. This dish is vegan, gluten-free and soy-free. This dish is yummylicious, smoky and spicy and is full of flavors.
Ayurvedically, there are three forms of doshas - Vata, Pitta and Kapha. When the balance of these gets disturbed, people fall sick. Ayurveda suggests to eat food according to one's dosha and focus more on healthy living and well being. Ayurvedic recipes help to detoxify our bodies. Ayurvedic diet mainly uses lots of vegetables, herbs and water to prepare a nutritious diet.
Cajun spice blend can be easily prepared at home or could be bought from any store. Homemade Cajun Seasoning is a tasty, versatile blend that is made of common spices which you probably already have on hand. Cajun spice blend could enhance flavors of your regular pasta and veggies.
A variation of this dish can be prepared by adding 3/4 cup cooked chickpeas or lentils or sprouted chickpeas or lentils to the bowl with veggies and roast.
For Roasted Veggies
- 1/2 head of small cauliflower, chopped into small florets
- 1 sweet potato cubed small
- 4 to 6 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup of other chopped veggies like broccoli, carrots, or root vegetables like potato etc.
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 2 tsp lemon
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp. Cajun spice blend, less or more to preference and amount of veggies, Make a double batch of the blend
- Salt to taste
For Cajun spice blend
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1/2 tbsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tbsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tbsp. onion powder
Mix all of these thoroughly and store in an airtight jar.
For Garlic sauce
- 1/2 cup cashews pre-soaked for an hour or do a quick soak by boiling for 5 minutes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder or 6 cloves of roasted garlic
- 1/4 tsp each sage, thyme, and oregano
- 1/4 tsp ground mustard
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp vinegar
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast optional or can use a tsp of miso instead
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Chop all the vegetables and add to a large bowl with a lid.
- In a separate bowl, mix all the spices to prepare Cajun spice blend.
- Drizzle oil and lemon on the veggies and coat all the veggies well by either shaking the bowl or rub in using hands.
- Now sprinkle the spices all over the veggies. Cover the bowl and shake it well so that all veggies are nicely coated with oil and spice. Spread the vegetables on parchment lined sheet.
- Bake all the veggies for 30 minutes or until roasted well. Keep on moving vegetables and checking them. Remove quick-cooking vegetables like peppers if they are roasted otherwise they might get burnt.
- For garlic sauce, blend all the ingredients and taste and adjust salt and flavors according to your liking.
- Serve these roasted vegetables in a bowl with some crunchy greens and drizzle of garlic sauce or prepare a wrap or tacos.