Ayurvedically, to keep yourself healthy and energetic, one should eat nutritious and balanced diet. Vegetables offer us tons of vitamins, minerals (especially iron) and fiber. This dish has the high level of antioxidants and is the rich source of essential nutrients. Spices added to this colourful dish enhances flavours and also increases the digestive fire and promotes absorption of all the healing nutrients. Roasted vegetable delite is an attractive and delicious way to encourage kids and adults alike to have more vegetables.
This dish can be prepared using any vegetables. Combination of potatoes, sweet potato, carrots, and asparagus is also the yummy alternative. The hard roots or vegetables are baked first and then soft ones are done.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- 1 large yam, peeled and diced into small pieces.
- 1 large parsnip, peeled and diced into small pieces.
- 1 cup baby carrots.
- 1 zucchini, cut into small slices.
- 6-7 fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into small pieces.
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, cut into small pieces.
- 3 cloves garlic, minced.
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil.
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Using olive oil, grease 2 baking sheets.
- Place the yams, parsnips, and carrots onto the baking sheets and allow them to bake in the preheated oven for about 20 – 25 minutes. Then add zucchini and asparagus and drizzle all the vegetables with olive oil. Continue baking till all the veggies become tender.
- Toss garlic, basil, roasted red peppers, salt and black pepper and mix together well.
- Add the roasted vegetables to the spice mix and toss to mix well.
- Serve it hot or at room temperature.