Satisfy your afternoon munching cravings with quick preparation of Ragi Dosa. Ragi Dosa is a healthy, nutritious choice for breakfast as it is a rich source of calcium, iron, niacin, thiamine, riboflavin and has many rare amino acids which are important for healthy skin, hair and tissues. Ragi is low in fat and helps in controlling blood sugar and helps in managing optimum weight and promotes sound mind.
Ayurvedically, Ragi is sweet in taste (madhura rasa) and has heating potency (ushna virya). Ragi balances Kapha, increases Pitta and Vata in excess amounts. It promotes Sattva and Rajas in the mind.
- 2 cups of ragi flour
- 2 tbsp of rice flour
- 2 tbsp of urad dal paste (soaked and ground to thick paste)
- 1 tbsp of sooji
- ½ cup beaten curd
- pinch of baking soda
- salt to taste
- Oil as required
For the filling
- 2 onions finely chopped
- ½ tomato finely chopped
- 2 green chilies chopped
- ¼ inch ginger grated
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp of coconut freshly grated
- small bunch of coriander leaves finely chopped
- salt to taste
- oil as required
- Combine all the flours, salt, curd and sodium bicarbonate in a bowl.
- Gradually add water and mix it thoroughly to prepare the thin batter.
- For the filling, add all the ingredients and mix together and keep it separately.
- Heat tawa or griddle on medium flame.
- Pour a ladleful of batter on the tawa and spread evenly.
- Apply little oil around the edges and cook it slowly.
- Put the filling on the batter and fold the dosa.
- Serve it hot with coconut chutney.