Dips add a little flavor to bland foods. Along with delicious tastes, dips also bring along a host of ayurvedic benefits.
Use this dip to add a tinge of nuttiness to your palate. Your taste buds will tingle in anticipation of the varied flavors of this dip. Rich in protein and omega 3, walnuts are perfect for munching. Walnuts are also known to improve sperm quality, reduce weight and tackle type 2 diabetes. Full of antioxidants, these nuts refuel your body thoroughly. The yogurt in the dip can be replaced with a nonfat version if you're looking to cut calories. A healthy source of protein, yogurt helps you feel full for longer. It also cools down your body during the hot days. The parsley is pungent and improves blood circulation as well as digestion. A rich source of vitamin C, it also boosts the immune system.
The dip here is smooth, nutty and pungent along with impeccable flavor.
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup yogurt
- The walnuts can be made less astringent by boiling for 10 minutes. Soaking for several hours or roasting for 20 minutes also helps.
- Drain the water and add all the ingredients to a blender.
- Puree until the texture becomes smooth.
- Store in an airtight container and refrigerate.
The creamy, rich texture of this dip complements most breads as well as raw vegetables