This is a refreshing appetizer full of vitamins, minerals and packed with proteins. Do you know that spinach is one the many leafy green vegetables that is recommended by doctors and nutritionist to avoid the risk of developing diabetes?
- 2 cups yogurt
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ¼ teaspoon of red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon sugar (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds until you hear a crackling sound.
- Add chopped spinach and sauté on high heat until tender and the excess water is evaporated.
- Set aside this mixture and allow it to cool completely.
- To yogurt add cumin powder, red chili powder, black pepper, and salt. Whish the mixture. Transfer the cooled spinach content into the yogurt mixture and refrigerate it for 2 hours before serving.
- Season the mixture with cilantro leaves and serve.