From traditions, chila has been presumed as a thin pancake which is made from gram flour, and this nutritious but delicious chila uses a healthy combination of jowar, maize flour and whole wheat making it a great source of protein and vitamin A. You could also create your own version by combining other flours.
- 1/4 cup jowar (white millet) flour.
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour.
- 1/4 cup maize flour (makai ka atta).
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped tomatoes.
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania).
- 2 tsp finely chopped green chillies.
- Add saltfor taste.
- 1 1/4 tsp oilfor greasing and cooking.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Make batter of pouring consistency using enough water.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it lightly using ¼ tsp of oil.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on the non-stick tava (griddle) and spread it in a circular motion to make a 125 mm. (5") diameter circle.
- Cook, using ¼ tsp of oil, until it turns to the colour of golden brown from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 3 more chilas.
Enjoy hot with coriander green garlic chutney.