Lentils are considered to be a powerhouse of nutrition. They are a good source of proteins, rich in fibre and high in minerals and calcium. Lentil dosa helps in digestion and also controls blood sugar. Being low in fat, they're equally loved by weight watchers.
- 1/2 cup urad dal (split black gram dal)
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 1/2 cup white rice
- 1/4 cup toor dal (split pigeon pea)
- 1/4 cup whole Raungi (lobhia/chowla)
- 2 teaspoons methi seeds (fenugreek seeds)
- Red chillies
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 dried red chili
- Handful of cilantro leaves (garnishing)
- Salt to taste
Procedure for Dosa
- Pick, wash and soak lentils and fenugreek seeds for 3 to 4 hours.
- Grind the mixture to as fine paste with a little extra water along with ginger, dried red chili.
- Keep batter for few hours to ferment.
- Heat tava or griddle on medium high for a few minutes. Drop a few drops of oil on it and spread the oil all over using a paper napkin or the cut side of an onion to form a thin layer.
- Drop a ladleful (1/4 cup) of the batter on the griddle and spread the batter using the curve of the ladle, inside to out in a spiral.
- Let the crepe cook for 2-3 minutes or until the underside is golden brown. Flip and cook for another minute.
- Present hot with the Sambhar, chilli garlic or coconut chutney.
Procedure for Chili Garlic Chutney
- Heat a tablespoon of oil.
- Add in finely chopped garlic or garlic paste
- Add in red chili powder and a pinch of asafoetida (hing).
- Heat for 5 minutes or so once the garlic starts to turn golden.
Dosas are quite addictive and no one can be satisfied just having one.
So just enjoy them guilt-free – super crispy and super yummy!!