Watermelon is a seasonal fruit that is rich with nutrients and health benefits and paired with lemon it makes a refreshing summer drink that can outlast all store bought drinks.
Watermelon helps to improve digestion as it is rich in fiber and vitamin C which also improves hair and skin health. Due its significant contribution in reducing cholesterol and blood pressure, watermelon also reduces the risk of heart disease.
Since lemonade is a popular favorite when it comes to summer mocktails, this mint lemonade infused with watermelon will become your preferred choice.
- 10 cups chopped watermelon
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Half cup granulated sugar
- Half cup mint leaves thinly chopped
- Lemon slices and mint leaves for serving
- Heat half cup granulated sugar with half a cup of water for 5 to 6 minutes to make sugar syrup.
- Blend the watermelon pieces in a blender and strain them with a fine mesh strainer.
- Blend the watermelon juice again with mint leaves and lemon juice till the mint leaves are completely mixed with the juices.
- Add as much sugar syrup is required for your taste.
Pour into glasses and top it up with lemon pieces and mint leaves and serve with few ice cubes!