Mangoes have been appreciated in the ayurvedic tradition since it’s conception. Rich in antioxidants like beta carotene and vitamin C, mangoes help to improve our immune system and prevent cancer and heart disease. They aid in digestion and supply potassium and fibre to the body. When combined with coconut cream, one gets the added benefit of a dairy free dessert that is cooling and refreshing.
- 2 fresh ripe mangoes
- Half cup coconut milk
- Half cup coconut cream
- 2 to 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons vanilla custard powder
- 2 to 3 teaspoons rose water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 spoon grated ginger
- 1 spoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup orange juice
- Peel and dice the ripe mangoes into square pieces and boil on medium flame with half a cup of water, ginger and sugar for 5 to 10 minutes till they turn soft.
- Add the orange and lemon juice with some cinnamon powder to this concoction.
- Whisk together vanilla custard powder, coconut milk and coconut cream
- Add the mixture of mangoes and sugar to this and boil till a thick consistency is achieved
- Add rose water and allow the mixture to cool.
- The mixture can also be processed in a blender to achieve extra smoothness.
This marvellous mango custard dessert will win the hearts of both mango and custard lovers. It can be served with either seasonal berries or whipped cream.