Kokum is not only nutritious but also a very healthy fruit that improves overall immunity. Kokum is used in Ayurveda for rheumatoid pains, for people with bowel problems, menstruation delays, intestinal parasites, ear infections, dermatitis, and sores as well as for treating inflammatory issues.
It is also beneficial for pregnant women as it helps both the mother and her developing baby. It has anti inflammation, antioxidant and antifungal properties and also good for digestion.
- 4 tbsp. kokum juice
- 3 cup water
- 4 tbsp. grated jaggery
- 1-1/4 tbsp. ghee
- 2 tsp. cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 2-3 dry red chillies (broken) or 1-2 green chillies,( chopped)
- 1/2 tsp. asafoetida (Hing)
- 6-7 curry leaves
- 2 tsp. chopped coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Take kokum juice; it can be salted or unsalted. Addition of salt in the drink will depend on the type of kokum juice we are using.
- Now add water and jaggery along with salt if unsalted juice is being used.
- Now just heat this mixture till jaggery dissolves. (No boiling is required)
- Now in a tadka pan take ghee, add cumin seeds, hing, chilli and curry leaves and let it crackle
- Once it crackle put off the flame and put this tadka in kokum juice mixture.
- Now garnish it will coriander leaves and serve hot.