Paneer is one of the most common ingredients in Indian cuisine and it is an extremely healthy vegetarian ingredient to have in your food. It is rich in protein and is generally good for the body because it helps I digestion, maintains the weight, and is good for the heart. Also known as cottage cheese, paneer can be made at home quite effectively which has made it even more popular. This article will teach you how to make a delicious and healthy dish with paneer so read on!
- Boil a couple of litres of milk.
- While the milk is simmering, add a lemon’s juice to the milk and keep simmering until the solid and liquid parts of the milk are separate.
- Using a cloth as a sieve, drain the liquid through the cloth and keep the solid part.
- Squeeze the cloth and hence the solid stuff to ensure that the water has been removed thoroughly.
- Wrap the paneer in the cloth and let it rest for a couple of hours. Slice the paneer into small cubes later.
- Paneer cubes from about two litres of milk.
- 4 carrots, sliced into thin slices.
- 1 winter radish.
- Cumin, fenugreek, a pinch of freshly ground cardamom, and black pepper.
- 1 zucchini of moderate size, sliced lengthwise.
- 1 each of red and yellow bell pepper, sliced into strips.
- 3 slices of finely chopped ginger.
- Three tablespoons of ghee.
- 50 grams of peeled and sliced almonds.
- 2 parsnips, cut into strips.
- Heat the ghee in a pan.
- Fry the paneer cubes in the pan.
- Remove the paneer from the pan and keep them warm.
- Fry the spices in the ghee left in the pan. Add the vegetables one by one according to their firmness.
- Braise the vegetables until they seem well done.
- Arrange the vegetables in the form of a ring and add the paneer in the middle.
Garnish with almonds and serve with rice or noodles.