Amlaa or Indian gooseberry is a fruit that is full of nutrients in so many ways that ayurveda has rendered it as the solution to all health problems. Whether eaten raw, juiced, cooked or in a jam, amlaa is sure to be a great addition to your diet.
Amlaa is an excellent source of vitamin C, therefore improves immunity, metabolism and viral ailments like common cold. Since it is also rich in polyphenols, gooseberry helps to fight the development of cancer cells. According to ayurveda, amlaa juice is known to balance all the processes in the body and helps to slow down the ageing process.
This gooseberry punch uses this powerhouse of nutrition to make a fantastic drink for summer!
- 1 cup gooseberries
- Half a cup brown sugar or jaggery
- 1 cup water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 5 cardamoms
- Remove the pits and stems from the gooseberries
- Boil them in a cup of water for about 10 minutes
- Blend the cooked berries with salt, cardamom, sugar and a cup of water
- Add chilled water to this concentrate and pour into individual glasses.
Your fresh gooseberry punch is ready. It serves as a great substitute for sugary and unhealthy drinks and is sure to turn into a regular favorite!