Gond, as we all know is a tasteless, odourless, viscous water-soluble natural gum and is better known as Tragacanth gum. It is used as an Herbal Medicine in Ayurveda. Gond contains an alkaloid that serves as an herbal remedy for dreadful conditions such as diarrhea and cough.
In medicinal terms, if we talk then gond is used for treating burns, in strengthening the immune system. It also helps to cure mouth ulcers and reducing tumors. Ladoos made of Gond prove instrumental during pregnancy stage.
- 2 tsp. ghee
- 4 tbsp. gond / gond katira
- 4 tbsp. grated jaggery
- 6-8 sliced almonds
- To start with the drink or raab, first, take ghee in a non-stick pan and add gond/goondh to it. Stir it for about 10 min.
- After frying the gond will increase in size and will become opaque.
- Now gradually add water and jaggery to it. Mix them well till gond dissolve in it completely and the water thickens.
- Once the water is thickened add almonds to it and just stir once or twice.
- Now serve it hot or else it will become hard on cooling.