Fattoush is salad from the house of Middle Eastern cuisine that is relished worldwide as a healthy snack. Containing similar ingredients as the Tabbouleh, this salad adds a lemony garlic dressing to create zing in the flavor.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 small pita breads
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 3 cups halved grape tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 3/4 cup chopped parsley
- 3/4 cup chopped mint
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground sumac
- 1 clove garlic
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- I ounce feta cheese
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Place pita pieces into skillet and fry until they turn golden brown. Blot them dry with paper towels or toast pitta bread to crunch
- Combine all ingredients in a large salad bowl and toss. Liberally add salt and black pepper.
- Add the fried pits pieces and grate the cheese on top.
Serve fresh for best taste.