Apart is being nutritious, cucumber raita is easily digestible also. Working as an appetizer, it is good for diabetic patients. Also, it purifies the blood helps in digestion, keeps the body cool and helps in maintaining skin health. If the yogurt is freshly homemade and consumed within 24 hours, this delightfully creamy fermented food will nourish and strengthen your liver also.
- 2 cucumbers
- 2 tablespoon ghee
- 1/2 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 pinch of Hing (asafoetida)
- 2-3 curry leaves, fresh or dried
- 1 small handful cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/2 small green chili, chopped
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- Grate the cucumbers by first peeling off the skin. Discard any excess juice.
- In a saucepan, heat ghee over medium flame and add mustard seeds, Hing, cumin seeds and curry leaves.
- Cook until seeds pop.
- Add chopped chilies and cilantro leaves and mix them well.
- Stir the yogurt well and add grated cucumber together in a bowl.
- Cool the spices and add them to the yogurt mixture.
- Mix well and serve.