Corn Soup balances all three doshas, but its long term effect is drying for vata. So vata can eat occasionally and pitta in moderation. The cilantro helps remove some of the heat for pitta. This soup is beneficial for people suffering from obesity and high cholesterol.
- Fresh corn
- 2-3 cups of water
- 1 piece of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped fine
- ¼ tablespoon of butter or ghee
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- Few cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- Black pepper and salt to taste
- Boil the corn and put them in a blender with 2 cups of the water.
- Transfer the contents into a bowl and set aside.
- Add ginger, cilantro, and some water and liquefy it.
- Now heat a soup pot on medium flame and add ghee and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds pop, add the blended spices.
- Season with black pepper and salt.
- Mix well and boil gently for about 15-20 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve hot.
This mouth-watering soup is beneficial for people who have issues with high cholesterol or obesity. It helps to maintain a healthy heart. Regular intake of this soup can also help to get rid of constipation.