Apples improve Vata and pitta and are good for balancing Kapha. Apples also help to ease digestive problems when consumed after being cooked.
- Two peeled and sliced apples.
- ¼ cup of raisins
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon.
- ½ teaspoon of ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- ¼ cup of water
- Boil all ingredients in a pot.
- Simmer for 30 minutes with occasional stirring to prevent the formation of lumps.
Serve after cooling the chutney down to room temperature.