Satiate your taste buds with this delicious potato-cauliflower vegetable cooked with chili, garlic, and turmeric.
Cauliflower contains Vitamin K and Omega-3 content that are well known for its capability to strengthen your heart and blood vessels. Its clotting effect makes your blood vessels remain fit. Cauliflower and potatoes both are Pitta pacifying vegetables. This recipe is beneficial for people suffering from acidity. At the same time they also pacify the dosha Kapha in the body.
Let’s get started with the recipe without any delay:
- 10 small potatoes
- 1 head of cauliflower (fresh)
- 5 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds, preferably brown
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3-4 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 fresh green chilies, thinly sliced
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- Salt and other spices to taste
- 4-5 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
- Boil potatoes for about 20 minutes until tender.
- Now drain and soak the same in cold water for 15 minutes and make 1.5-inch chunks. They ought to be of the same size as of cauliflower florets.
- In boiling salted water, cook cauliflower for 3 minutes. Take care not to overcook it.
- Now in a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds and cook.
- Stir it for 3 minutes. Add garlic and chilies until garlic is light brown.
- Later add potatoes, cauliflower to the mixture.
- Add spices (salt, turmeric, chili powder) to taste and increase heat to medium.
- Finally add tomatoes, sprinkle cilantro leaves and serve immediately.
Give us your valuable views in the comment section below.