Summers …..oh no….I need something to drink !!!
Trust me it’s not only me but most of the people in summers crave for chilled drinks may it be mocktails, juices, soft drinks and so on. Keeping this in mind we have got a refreshing drink for you all which is very healthy as well .Lets know more about it.
Not many people know that what are Chia seeds, what its uses are and how they are a blessing for our body in summers.
The seeds of Chia plant are commonly used as a super-food for their nutritional and other health benefits.
They are black in color and they have a mild, nutty flavor. They are an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, rich in antioxidants, and they provide fiber, iron, and calcium.Omega-3 fatty acids help raise HDL cholesterol, the "good" cholesterol that protects against heart attack and stroke. These seeds are high in fibre and so lower the risk of developing diabetes and are also responsible for detoxification of the body as well as prevent constipation.
- 4 small tsp chia seeds
- 3 tsp sugar or honey
- 3 lemon juice
- ½ cup ice
- 3 glass water
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Black salt as per taste
- Pinch of jeera powder
- Salt to taste
- Mint leaves for garnishing
- Take chia seeds and soak them in 2 cup of water for at least 30 min before making the shikanji.
- Now take water, add lemon juice and ice to it.
- Now pour sugar and mix it.
- When sugar dissolves add black pepper, salt, back salt,jeera powder as per taste.
- Now pour it in a glass and add chia seeds and garnish it with pudina.
Enjoy this chilled and refreshing drink and stay healthy.