One should maximize intake of liquids during summers to beat the heat. Water, lassi, juices, dips, salads, raitas or yogurts are options which should be included in daily meals.
We are well aware of the fact that carrot is a rich source of fiber and Vitamin A. For people trying to reduce pounds, raita can be helpful for you.
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 tablespoon roasted peanuts
- 1 green chili
- Few Coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon oil
- Peel the carrots and grate them.
- Whisk the yogurt until smooth.
- With a mortar and pestle, coarsely grind the roasted peanuts.
- Remove seeds from chilies and chop them nicely.
- Add both chopped chilies and peanuts to yogurt and mix well.
- Take oil in a pan and heat it over medium flame. Add cumin seeds until they splutter.
- Now add grated carrots and saute for a few seconds.
- Remove from heat and let it cool down slightly.
- Add this to yogurt and mix well.
Add salt and finally garnish the with chopped coriander leaves.