Broccoli is packed with nutrients and is considered as super food. It is rich in anti-oxidants and anti-carcinogens, protein, folic acid, Zinc, selenium, potassium, calcium, beta carotene and high in fiber. It fights against cancer, increases immune system, prevents cold, strengthens bones, regulates blood pressure and fights heart diseases. A cup of broccoli keeps you satisfied for a long time with fewer calories. Broccoli pacifies Pitta, Kapha but aggravates Vata.
- 2 cups of broccoli florets
- 1 medium-sized tomato wedged
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- salt as per taste
- dried oregano as per taste
- Steam the broccoli florets till tender, keep it aside and let it cool down.
- Sprinkle a very tiny pinch of salt over tomatoes.
- For dressing, mix olive oil, lemon juice, salt and oregano in a separate bowl.
- Mix broccoli and tomatoes and add the dressing.
- Mix it thoroughly and serve immediately.