Your body can easily be dehydrated because of extreme dry heat. To save yourself from dehydration, it’s time that you buck up, and alter your eating pattern or what you call as your ‘likes’.
Your heart beats 24 hours a day, blood runs tirelessly throughout your body; don’t you think that they deserve optimum nutrition according to the changing seasons, aren’t they? To achieve this nutrition, what could be better than having Black Chana?
Black chana does not block the channels in our bodies and are non-mucous forming; as per Ayurveda, unlike the popular Garbanzo Beans (Kabuli Chana). Their high fiber and agneya quality move the ama (toxins) accumulated deep in the tissues which aid in proper weight management.
We deeply encourage our readers to give Black Channa gravy a try, instead of going for regular, unhealthy chickpeas.
Our simple recipe to cook Black Chana Vedic Curry is:
- 1 cup well-cooked Black Chana (need to be soaked overnight)
- 1 cup assorted Veggies (squash, potatoes, cauliflower, carrot)
- 2-3 tablespoons of dry Coconut Flakes
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Ginger-Garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons Cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon Coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon Turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon Black Pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- Water (needed to make a curry consistency)
- Chopped cilantro and fresh squeeze of Lime juice
- Heat a stock pot to a low-medium flame.
- Add sauté and oil to the ginger-garlic paste for about 20 seconds.
- After that, add the chopped veggies and the rest of the ingredients mentioned above except for the last two ingredients.
- After a couple of minutes add approximately 1/2 – 1 cup of water and simmer it with a covered lid for about 15-20mins.
- This will allow all the veggies to be infused and cooked well with all the spices.
- Once the veggies are done add the cooked chana and simmer for another 10 minutes (you may add more water at this point for it to simmer well in the stockpot).
- Turn off the heat and add the chopped cilantro and nice squeeze of lime juice.
Now it’s time that you enjoy this delicious, healthy, nutritious meal.