One wouldn’t disagree with the fact that soups are a powerhouse of nutrients, fiber, antioxidants and important vitamins. Probably, it is the first thing you’d order on a breezy evening! Talking of Ayurveda, it has always emphasized the importance of consuming fresh and home-made meals to encourage good health
Bitter Gourd Soup(Karela soup)
- 1 Bitter gourd, peeled and chopped
- 2 onions
- 2 tomatoes
- Pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- Few Coriander leaves
- In a frying pan, lightly fry the onions, tomatoes, and bitter gourd.
- To it add some water and over low flame boil it until it becomes soft.
- Pour this mixture into a food processor and strain.
- To add some taste, add pepper and rock salt.
- Decorate with some coriander or basil leaves and serve hot.
Bitter-gourd is rich in Vitamin C, iron, copper, potassium, and other alkaline salts. It is highly helpful in gout, urinary stones, jaundice, diabetes and fever.