- 2 tablespoon of coriander seeds (Sabut Dhaniya)
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1 tablespoon mace (Javitri)
- 12-13 green cardamom (Elaichi)
- 3 tablespoon caraway seeds (Shah Jeera)
- 1 tablespoon cloves (Lavang)
- 8-10 Indian Bay leaf (Tej Patta)
- 3-4 dried red chillies (Sookhi Lal Mirch)
- 2-3 Black cardamom (Badi elaichi)
- 2-3 cinnamon sticks (Dalchini)
- 1 small Nutmeg (Jaiphal)
- ½ tablespoon black pepper (Kali Mirch)
- Sun-dry all the ingredients for about 2-3 days.
- Once the moisture is removed, grind the whole spices.
- Take the nutmeg in a mortar-pestle and crush it coarsely.
- In small batches, grind all the spices in a jar until smooth powder.
- Store in an air-tight container and your biryani masala is ready.
- Store in a cool dry place.
This aromatic masala will work with plain rice, biryani, and pulao.