Banana cutlet is a great yummy, healthy and light snack than potato cutlet. These can be made only with raw banana or a combination of banana and potato can be also done.
Bananas are aphrodisiac and energize muscle, fat, and nerve and reproductive tissues. Unripe bananas are astringent and cooling with pungent effect after digestion. Bananas pacify Vata and Pita but increase Kapha. Pastiness or gooey quality of banana helps us to relax by coating and soothing our gut. Bananas are a healthy way to keep yourself satisfied for a few hours as they have complex carbohydrates and instant energy source.
- 4 -5 raw bananas
- 1 green chili (finely chopped)
- ¼ tsp of black pepper powder
- ¼ tsp of amchoor
- salt according to taste
- freshly and finely chopped coriander
- oil to fry cutlets
- 1 tbsp of roasted and crushed peanuts for coating
- Clean and wash the bananas properly, and steam them in a cooker so they are cooked.
- Let them cool down and then peel the bananas and mash them nicely.
- Mix mashed bananas, chili, coriander, salt, amchoor and black pepper thoroughly.
- Take small portions of the mix and flatten it between your hands to make round cutlets.
- Roll these cutlets in roasted and crushed peanuts and shallow fry them on a non-stick tawa till they become golden in color.
- Flip it and cook it on the other side.
Serve this crunchy snack with green chutney.
- If you wish to deep fry these cutlets then add besan to mashed raw bananas.
- For a crunchier taste, keep the mashed banana in the fridge for an hour before frying.
- Crush peanuts into a finer powder to make cutlets crunchy.