Bhindi or okra is well regarded in ayurveda as a vegetable rich in dietary fiber, vitamin B, vitamin C and potassium. It is also used in the prevention and management of diabetes and to treat cholesterol and heart disease. Bhindi is widely consumed in India in various forms but this baked bhindi masala recipe offers a fat free alternative to traditional options.
- 250 gms bhindi slit vertically
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander power
- Slit all the bhindi pieces vertically, keeping the base intact.
- Mix all the spices with the cooking oil in a separate bowl and mix well with the bhindi
- After making sure the bhindi is completed coated with the spice mix, bake at 200C/400F for 10 to 15 minutes or until the bhindi turns crispy and golden brown.
Serve this baked dish with rice or chapattis for a delicious meal.