French fries are one of our biggest weaknesses but craving for an unhealthy food is not always healthy. One should substitute it with a food that satisfies craving by offering similar properties, like crunch, savory flavor, and snack appeal. Baked Asparagus chips are healthy and tasty.
Asparagus delivers fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that potatoes do not.
- 1/2 cup flaked almonds
- lemon juice
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- ½ kg asparagus
- 1/4 cup of coconut or almond flour
- 1/4 cup of egg whites
- turmeric or garlic to taste and coconut oil
- Put lemon juice, sesame seeds and almonds in a food processor and pulse until the almonds are fine and well mixed. Pour this mixture.
- Now just dip each asparagus spear into first-egg white and second-almonds and sesame mixture. Sprinkle with turmeric, black pepper, and salt to taste. Place them evenly on an oiled baking tray.
- Bake for around 20-25 minutes until crisp and lightly browned.
- Sprinkle some parmesan cheese for that extra taste (this is optional)