Apples have always been an integral ingredient in ayurvedic recipes as they provide health benefits to people of all constitutions and have different kinds of health benefits. They clean the digestive system, are good for the eyes, skin and blood and also reduce blood sugar.
This no bake recipe is a quick and healthy replacement for traditional dessert options and will prove to be a lasting favourite.
For Pie Crust
- 10 dates, pits removed
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of cinnamon
- A dash of nutmeg
For Pie Filling
- 6 apples
- 6 dates, pits removed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- pinch salt
- pinch cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- In an electric blender, mix 10 dates, coconut oil, cinnamon, nutmeg and a pinch of salt to make the crust.
- Set the crust into a pie dish and press and smoothen it with a spoon. Place pressure on the crust by placing a plate facing up on the pie dish.
- Set it in a refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours
- To make the filling, mash the remaining dates in a blender. Add cinnamon, cardamom, a pinch of salt and blend further.
- Slice the apples and blend with this mixture.
- Add the chia seeds and blend till the mixture resembles a chunky applesauce.
- Pour the mixture onto the crust and spread evenly using a spoon.
- Place it in your refrigerator and allow the pie to set for at least four hours.
The dates in the pie are an additional source of iron and also aid in digestion. The chia seeds also rich in healthy fats and fiber. This no-hassle recipe is full of ingredients that will enliven not only your taste buds but also your health.