Winter season is just around the corner and we all need to take good care our skin and body. We better keep ourselves hydrated to avoid lack of moisture on the skin as it can often lead to chapped and peeling lips. Do you know the skin on your lips is very sensitive as compared to the other parts and it requires extra care because it has no oil glands to prevent it from chapping? Dried lips can sometimes become painful and look ugly resulting in making one self-conscious. Instead of going for cosmetic products one should try these simple home remedies to cure lip peeling. Without a delay lets have a look:
- Sugar scrub: It is one of the best tips for chapped lips. Sugar is helpful in removing the dead skin from your lips. It also reinstates the natural softness. Just apply a mixture of honey and sugar and leave it on your lips for about 2-3 minutes. With the help of your fingertips gently massage or rub your lips and then wash with lukewarm water. You can easily see the difference!
- Rose petals: The petals of rose have a great advantage in curing the chapped lips as they help in retaining the moisturizer leaving behind beautiful pink colored lips. All you need to do is take a bunch of rose petals and dip them in either milk or glycerin. Later make a paste and store it in a container in the refrigerator. Your lip balm is ready! Now we know why rose is king of flowers!
- Coconut Oil: Simply use it on your lips to make it moist. It alleviates dry skin.
- Aloe Vera: This magical plant has been used for medicinal purposes since years because of its anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. For dried lips just apply a bit of Aloe Vera gel and see the magic yourself! It helps to nourish the skin and reduce any sort of pain or redness.
- Drink Plenty of Water: One of the reasons behind dried lips is dehydration; i.e. your body isn’t getting sufficient amount of water. So make it a habit to drink 3-4litres of water every day!
Things to Avoid: No cigarette smoking; licking of lips is a strict no; too much use of lipsticks or chemicals on dried lips can worsen the situation.
So with these effective home remedies, you can now say goodbye to chapped lips in this chilling winters! Do tell us your views in the comment section below.