Fungi or yeast infections in the genital areas are a common problem for women. Under certain conditions, it might grow and become uncontrollable. And if left unnoticed it might result in itching, redness, irritation and a solid white discharge. Chemical irritants, STD’s, skin problems, wearing tight clothes and lack of hygiene are some causes for genital itching.
To get rid of it, try these basic home remedies which can lower down the itching level and cure vaginal yeast infection:
- Apple Cider Vinegar: You must have heard “An apple a day keeps the doctor away" and so does a regular dose of apple cider vinegar. If you’re willing to eliminate the yeast infections in your vaginal area, then the first thing you ought to do is take an apple cider vinegar bath. All you need to do is add a half cup of this liquid to lukewarm water and soak for around 20 minutes. It has a number of natural health benefits as it is rich in vitamins and minerals.
- Coconut Oil: Try applying coconut oil to the affected area directly. It is said to be rich in antimicrobial and antifungal properties with saturated and unsaturated fatty acids, vitamins and minerals. One thing you need to make sure is it is pure and organic.
- Cold water or ice cubes: To fight irritation and burning sensation, one of the easiest ways is to apply ice cubes to the vaginal region. You can also wash the area with cold water to get instant relief.
- Boric Acid: Because of its anti-fungal and anti-viral properties, it can be used for curing the yeast infection but make sure to dilute it with water before applying. Experts’ now-a-days recommend vaginal boric acid capsules to treat vaginal yeast infections. It is said to be a powerful antiseptic. (Pregnant women are advised to not use boric acid in any form)
- Vitamin C: Boost your immune system by increasing the intake of vitamin C. It will be helpful in fighting the yeast infection. Vitamin C is found in citrus fruits, dark leafy greens and tomatoes. Make sure you consume it daily.
- Neem Water: People are using this natural herb to cure a number of skin problems. Its powerful antibacterial properties can treat infections. Boil a handful of neem leaves and strain the solution. After it cools down, wash the affected area with this water to soothe itching.
These home remedies are expected to bring relief in few days but in case of any discomfort you’re facing, call your doctor immediately before the situation worsens.
A quick view of the things to avoid:
- Because yeast grows vigorously on sugar, make sure you consume it in a limited amount.
- Use of antibiotics should be done only if required.
- Avoid vaginal sprays/deodorants or scented lotions because some of them contain harsh chemicals which can affect your pH level around the area.
- Cotton inner-wears are best to wear. Make sure they are not tight.
Remember these home remedies are effective but it always depends on the person and the severity of the infection. If anything gets severe, a doctor is recommended because the skin of vagina is very sensitive.
Do tell us your views in the comments section below!