Isn’t it annoying if you hanker to pee frequently and that too when you’re lying inside your favourite blanket making yourself cozy and comfortable or busy doing something very urgent? Well, do you know frequent urge to urinate, the changing color of urine and abdominal pain combined with fever, nausea and vomiting are signs of Urinary Tract Infection? Women as compared to men are more prone to this one. More than a million of people are affected by this infection every year.
A dozen of antibiotics are obviously available for treating this infection but when we have remedies easily available at home giving effective results, then why bother a doctor for it! Let’s get started:
- Plenty of Water: A god-gifted remedy cannot fail after all! Drink plenty of water and by that, I mean at least 8-12 glasses. Logic? More water leads you to pee more thus flushing the bacteria. So remember this golden rule.
- Cranberry Juice: Cranberries have proanthocyanidins which prevent bacteria to reach the wall of the urethra. Regarded as a mild antibiotic, it is effective in treating UTIs. So grab a cup of unsweetened yummy cranberry juice.
- Bathing with Tea tree oil: Having anti-bacterial properties, tea tree oil has numerous benefits. Mix 10 drops of this oil in your bathing water and also use it to wash your urethra opening. It will help to fight bacteria which cause bladder infections, UTI being one of them.
- Practicing healthy habits: First of all, do not hold your urine for long as it builds up bacteria. Second, peeing after sexual intercourse reduces the risk of UTIs. Maintain toilet hygiene, i.e. use toilet roll to first wipe out the area where you are about to sit.
- Appropriate dress: Bacteria increase in warm and humid environment. Tight jeans and other body hugging clothes can trap moisture in delicate areas. Wearing loose cotton clothing allows skin to breathe and help to keep the bacteria away from around your urinary tract tissues.
Avoiding future bladder infections
- Drink plenty of water
- Urinate frequently.
- Wear cotton innerwear’s
- Urinate before and after sexual activity.
I hope the above remedies and healthy practices will keep you safe and free from UTIs. Do tell us in the comment section below if you have some other remedy in mind.