PCOS is a common disorder related to a hormonal imbalance in women of reproductive age. It is characterized by high levels of androgens (male hormones) in the body.
Say Goodbye to PCOS with these natural remedies:
- Kalonji Seeds: Possessing estrogenic properties, kalonji (black seed) mixed with honey are super-beneficial for treating PCOS. Mix two of them and have it in the morning. Both kalonji and honey have anti-bacterial and anti-oxidant properties which are good for the body.
- Chia Seeds: These are a complete protein source with 20% more protein than any other seeds. Women suffering from PCOS often complain about excess hair growth, acne, and hair loss because of free testosterone levels. Now because chia seeds are 60% Omega-3 fatty acids, they help improve free testosterone levels which further improve the quality of the eggs produced by the ovaries. Also, it helps to improve insulin sensitivity. So add them to your daily meal.
- Jeera Water: Also known as cumin, jeera reduces blood sugar levels and its anti-oxidant properties remove free radicles from the body. In a cup of warm water, add ½ teaspoon jeera powder. Repeat this twice a day.
- Fenugreek Seeds: Also popularly known as Methi, it improves glucose tolerance in the body which further helps in weight loss and hormonal balance. To treat PCOS, soak methi overnight and consume it thrice a day. One in the morning on empty stomach and then the other two five minutes before lunch and dinner.
- Flax seeds: Being an abundant source of fiber, omega -3 and 6 fatty acids, they lower cholesterol levels. Flax seeds help in utilizing the glucose and insulin levels in the body resulting in the cancellation of side effects of PCOS. Use these on a daily basis by adding them to your breakfast or juices.
- Cinnamon: This condiment has the ability to stabilize blood sugar levels. Mixing it with milkshakes or yogurt can help improving your menstruation cycle during PCOS. Alternatively, you can include it in your diet by sprinkling this powder on your daily meals.
- Coconut Oil: This is one of the most easily available ingredients at home and is a great home cure for PCOS. Consume one tablespoon of virgin coconut oil every day or mix it with smoothies or salads
- Basil (Tulsi): An aromatic herb in the mint family, basil can control androgens and moderate insulin levels. Being an excellent anti-oxidant, it has anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties too. You can either chew 10-12 leaves daily or drink boiled Tulsi water on an empty stomach for treating the polycystic syndrome.
- Indian Gooseberry: Full of vitamin C and rich in anti-oxidants, Amla fruit can control blood sugar levels and also improve fertility in women. Considered to be a good cleanser it flushes the toxins from the body and aids in weight reduction. Have Amla juice in lukewarm water daily on empty stomach.
- Spearmint tea (Pudina): Having anti-androgenic properties, drinking spearmint tea can reduce the growth of excess body hair. Add a teaspoon of dried spearmint leaves in a cup of boiling water and strain it. Drink this tea twice daily for effective results.
- Replace white sugar with palm jaggery: It will be a healthier option as it will maintain your insulin level apart from maintaining blood sugar levels. Palm sugar, unlike white sugar, possesses a low glycemic index. So, replace white sugar with this one.
If you have some other remedies to share with us, drop a comment in the section below.