Menstruation is a natural process of shedding the uterine wall once every month. The process is inevitable; all that we can avoid is the problems associated with it.
Do not worry, you have everything required to overcome all these issues right from your kitchen.
- Hot water bag: Place it on the abdomen to alleviate cramps or soak a towel, draw out excess water, heat in microwave for 2 min, and place on abdomen.
- Water: Drink lots of water and stay hydrated. You may need to consume at least 8-12 glasses of water daily. Dehydration will release a hormone known as vasopressin that contributes to cramps.
- Ginger: Ginger tea is a very effective home remedy to treat menstrual problems. This can help in relieving cramps and also regularize irregular periods. A cup of ginger tea relaxes internal muscles and reduces abdominal pain.
- Basil: Due to the presence of caffeic acid in basil leaves, a natural painkiller which relieves cramps. Add few basil leaves in 100 ml water and boil it and drink every hour during the painful periods.
- Cinnamon: It is one of the best spice used as a remedy to relieve cramps. Due to its anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic properties helps in relaxing uterus muscles and in turn reduces menstrual pain. Add ½ teaspoon of cinnamon powder in water, boil & strain and drink hot.
- Fennel: Another cramp cure, this spice promotes higher circulation to the ovaries. Crush one teaspoon fennel seeds into a powder. Boil one teaspoon in water and drink hot.
- Papaya: The various nutrients present in Papaya helps to relax the uterine walls and ease muscle contractions, relieving menstrual cramps. Papaya also normalizes and ease the blood flow.
In case of a severe problem, the best way to get treatment from a doctor and to diagnose the cause of your menstrual pain.