“Health requires healthy food" Results? A disease-free body which is like a dream in today’s era. With ever-evolving science thankfully we have got solutions for all major problems but one cannot turn a blind eye to the natural home remedies which probably is the best solution for our body.
In this article let’s gain insight about Leucorrhoea, a condition characterized by a slimy, frothy, whitish or yellowish foul-smelling discharge from the vagina. It’s a common problem which can be faced by any woman experiencing puberty or pregnancy. Common symptoms include irritation, inflammation, and redness of the female genitals. It can lead to constipation, fatigue, headache, stomach-ache and presence of dark patches under eyes. Well, if you are facing any of the above or someone you know is suffering from Leucorrhoea not to panic. You have just entered the right place!
Here are some simple home remedies for Leucorrhoea:
- Fenugreek Seeds: Intake of fenugreek seeds can soothe mucous membranes. So start consuming it by boiling 3 teaspoons of fenugreek seeds in one litre of water for around 30 minutes. Let the concoction cool down a little and drink it. You can also use fenugreek tea for better reproductive health. It will relieve pain and swelling if any.
- Rice Water: Rice is the staple food of more than half of the world’s population. But you better concentrate on the rice water for treating this condition. Boil 3 tablespoons of rice in 3 cups of water in an open pan. Remove the rice by straining the water. Drink the water lukewarm. To add a little taste, a teaspoon of honey will be good. Rich in nutrients, vitamins, and minerals, it is a good remedy to get rid of fatigue and itchiness.
- Okra: Take about 100 gms of okra in a litre of water. Boil this for 20 minutes. Sweeten the drink by adding honey and gulp it after it cools.
- Amaranth Root: With its antibacterial properties, Amaranth root can be very helpful in getting rid of Leucorrhoea. Make a paste of fresh Amaranth roots and add it to water. Mix well and drink it twice a day. The compounds present in the seeds of this herb can heal reproductive organs fast.
- Bananas: Consuming 1 or 2 overripe bananas daily is beneficial in controlling leucorrhoea. Eat banana early in the morning every day, along with clarified butter for beneficial results.
- Cranberry Juice: We love cranberries! Don’t we? Drink cranberry juice at least three times a day until your symptoms disappear.