Health is wealth and always priceless. With age one of the major health problems that need cautious care is an anxiety attack. No prior predictions about the attack are available, but a little knowledge about the symptoms of anxiety attack could save a life. Some of those symptoms are dizziness, headache, trembling with fear, sweating, chest pressure or pain etc. An anxiety attack is primarily a stress response given by the body while experiencing these symptoms. Some individuals can have an anxiety attack lasting for a few moments while for others it might be even hours.
Some natural first-aid tips that could be done for relief include:
- The first step of the first-aid is to isolate the patient from the trigger point.
- Encourage the person to breathe slowly. While guiding the patient speak slowly and clear with less word so that their mind reassures itself that everything is normal.
- Ask the person to smell some lavender oil as its fragrance could relieve anxiety.
- Give them some chocolate as eating chocolate releases oxytocin hormone in the brain, which calms the fear part of the brain quickly.
- Omega-3 fatty acid: These are an excellent relief for anxiety. Foods such as canola oil, flax seeds, fish cod liver oil, alfalfa seeds help to serve this purpose. Consume 1-2 tablespoons of these sources and one can feel the change.
- Passion Flower: Passionflower relieves anxiety and maniac feeling with the aid of sedative properties present in it. Add 1 teaspoon of this herb powder to a cup of hot water and collect this decoction. Consume it daily once for better results.
Don’t panic when there is an anxiety attack, stay calm and make the patient calm. Your fear can become the trigger of extreme anxiety in the patient. Act wise and quick with hands-on experience with the natural first aid methods before it’s too late.