Firstly, people need to understand that it is not a disease but a blood disorder which anyone can have due to iron-deficiency. Secondly, it is not incurable but can be cured by following these basic home remedies. Let’s get started and have a look at how to increase your red blood cells count.
- Red-colored Vegetables or Fruits: People suffering from Anemia should intake a lot of red-colored vegetables or fruits. Consume tomatoes (rich in vitamin C & lycopene), carrots, beetroots (rich in folic acid, fiber, and potassium), pomegranate (rich in iron, copper, and potassium) and apple are rich in iron, fiber, vitamins, calcium, and potassium. They provide oxygen to the body increasing red blood cells count giving a rise in your hemoglobin level. Remember red colored fruits and vegetables are blood builders!
- Dates and Raisins: They are an excellent source of vitamin C and iron. Eating a handful of raisins or dates or combination of these during breakfast will not only give you energy instantly but also help in fighting anemia.
- Green Leafy Vegetables: No matter what health problems we are facing, the doctor always advises to have green vegetables? Isn’t it? As a child, we used to hate them but now they are probably one of our best friends in the diet. Spinach, cabbage, parsley leaves, broccoli, celery, mustard greens are a great source of iron. To produce hemoglobin for RBCs, bone marrow requires iron. So make sure you are having an iron-rich diet.
- Sesame seeds: Simply soak sesame seeds in water for about two hours and after straining the water, crush the seeds to get a paste. Add honey and have this paste twice a day. Trust me it is a yummy and highly rich source of iron.
- Blackstrap Molasses: Having this drink can solve almost all your iron-related problems. Mix one spoon of blackstrap molasses in a glass of hot water and just gulp it! Drink this either once or twice daily and see the results for yourself!
So if you are feeling fatigued or energy less then try these home remedies for effective results.