Amenorrhea is the absence of menstruation — one or more missed menstrual periods. Amenorrhea can occur as a result of non-functioning of any of the four hormones, which include follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), luteinizing hormone (LH) estrogen and progesterone hormones.
Beat Amenorrhea with these natural cures:
- Saffron: Believed to be an anti-oxidant, it also flushes toxins from the body. To use it for curing Amenorrhea, just add a pinch of saffron to boiling water and continue to heat this mixture until it becomes thick and concentrated. Then drink this mixture twice or thrice a day. It helps stimulate your bodily systems leading to regular menstruation.
- Sweet Fennel: An aromatic herb and a rich source of minerals like magnesium, iron, cobalt, sodium etc. Its analgesic benefits is a boon to cure menstrual problems. Chew sweet fennel after having your meals.
- Tomato or Beetroot Juice: It is considered to be one of the best natural cures. For improving circulation and regulating menstruation cycle, drink 2-3 glasses of tomato or beetroot juice daily. Both beetroot and tomato are rich in iron and you must know that iron deficiency can lead to menstruation problems.
- Celery Seeds: Add celery seeds to your dishes. It is said to be rich in Butylidene-phthalide, a substance which stimulates menstrual bleeding. Crush the seeds and consume it in the powdered form to treat amenorrhea.
- Green Vegetables: For proper hormonal balance intake of food items rich in Vitamin B is a must. Seaweed, parsley, basil and green vegetables are excellent sources of Vitamin B. So include them in your daily diet.
- Ginger tea: Having anti-inflammatory effects and being an excellent herbal remedy, it can cure Amenorrhea in very short time. Heat pieces of ginger in water and boil it for 15-20 minutes. Strain the solution and cool it. To sweeten it, add honey and drink this 2-3 times daily.
- Maintain weight: Cut out those unhealthy habits which tend to increase your weight. Regular exercise combined with right diet can help you losing weight. Remember no crash diet, no starving because it might lead to other health problems. This is because obese women may have too much estrogen due to body fat and it might lead to an unhealthy menstrual cycle.
- Blue Cohosh: This plant is believed to be a very good uterine and menstruation stimulant. It induces menstruation by stimulating contractions and promoting blood flow to the pelvic region.
- Consumption of Zinc: This is one of the minerals which are helpful in controlling the hormonal level (estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone) stable throughout the entire menstrual cycle. So eat sesame seeds, oysters, raw pumpkin seeds.
If you come across some other home remedies then do tell us in the comment section below.