Allergic symptoms can be overcome with some easy lifestyle changes and home remedies.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: One spoon of ACV with a spoon of fresh lemon juice and half a teaspoon of honey, when consumed thrice a day, helps in relieving allergy symptoms significantly.
- Ingesting Honey: Raw honey is a great anti-allergen. Taking one tablespoon of raw local honey daily may be with tea, adding some to oatmeal along with cinnamon, or putting some in smoothies can be beneficial.
- Stinging Nettle: Allergies are caused by an increase in the levels of histamine in the body. Stinging Nettle counters just that as it is a natural antihistamine. Taken in the form a tea or capsules work wonders for most allergies.
- Vitamin C: Another antihistamine, Vitamin C is an antioxidant and an antitoxin as well. Simply increasing its intake in your diet may do the job. Taken with honey, it works better than the regular OTC medicine you take for your allergies.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is a household remedy that relieves pain and inflammation. Onions, ginger, peppers, and mustard, too are anti-inflammatory in nature. Adding cinnamon to tea or other brews helps ease breathing.
- Probiotics: These are a great source of healthy bacteria that aid digestion and thus improve your immunity. Other fermented edibles like yogurt and kimchi contain such bacteria too.
- Omega 3 Fatty acids: Other than being great for hair and skin, these are also anti-inflammatory in nature. Salmon, flax seeds, walnuts, and sardines are among the best sources of these fatty acids.
- Drinking plenty of water: Staying hydrated helps in thinning secretions and clears them up easily. It also helps with the case of a sore and scratchy throat.
- Avoiding certain foods: Dairy products, eggs, sugar, potatoes, grains rich in gluten, and fried foods, generally increase the generation of mucus and worsen the symptoms of most allergies.
The above are a few easy methods to control the symptoms of allergies. However, in the case of a recurrent allergy or persistent rashes, it is advisable to consult a doctor for more effective treatments.