For eternity, the world’s been obsessed with fair skin and women and men alike have tried to brighten their appearance by brightening their skins. The whole beauty and cosmetic product industry rests on the shoulders of such people’s complexion insecurities. These treatments and creams are most often expensive and may or may not be effective for everyone.
Nature has many solutions for dull skin and darkness, which can be caused by pollution, stress, excessive use of cosmetic products, dryness, and tanning. What’s amazing about these remedies is that they’re cheap, easy and are effective for almost all skin types without any side effects.
Here are some home remedies for flawless, beautiful and glowing skin:
- Yogurt: Rubbing some yogurt on your skin daily helps lighten the skin as it contains lactic acid which acts as a mild bleach. Applying a mixture of yogurt and honey (2:1 ratio) daily also improves complexion. For gentle exfoliation, add some oatmeal and lemon juice to yogurt and use it as a scrub twice a week.
- Aloe Vera Gel: This magical ingredient has a multitude of uses, and skin brightening is one of them. It reduces hyperpigmentation and restores the damaged skin cells, giving you your natural complexion back. Simply apply the gel found inside the Aloe Vera leaf on your skin for 30 minutes daily for great results.
- Gram Flour: Gram flour/Besan is helpful in removing excess oil from the skin. Simply apply a paste with rose water or milk and wash it off when it dries twice a week for lighter and less oily skin.
- Honey: This is a natural moisturizer and mild bleaching agent. It reduces dryness and helps reducing acne with its anti-bacterial properties. Applying pure honey to your face daily helps reduce age spots. A mask made of a tablespoon each of milk powder, honey, lemon juice and a half teaspoon of almond oil applied daily for 15 minutes is also effective in lightening the skin.
- Cucumber: Placing cucumber slices on dark skin helps in brightening their tone. Make a spot-reducing mask with grated cucumber and honey and apply twice daily for 15 minutes before washing off for great results.
- Oranges: Oranges, too have bleaching properties and the vitamin C in them helps in keeping your skin supple. Eating oranges and drinking its fresh juice is also helpful in maintaining smooth skin. Dry orange peels in natural sunlight and grind them to a fine powder. Apply a paste of this powder and yogurt on your skin for 15 minutes and rinse. Apply twice a week for removing dark spots.
- Lemons: Like oranges, these are abundant in vitamin C and are great antioxidants. Direct application of lemon juice to skin daily helps in brightening the skin. Mixed with turmeric powder, it prevents acne and scars. Make sure you don’t apply these when you have open scars and wounds as this will be painful.
- Papaya: Eating papayas daily makes the skin glow as it flushes out impurities in the bloodstream. Rubbing the inside of the skin of a papaya also makes the skin glow. A paste made with papaya pulp and lemon juice, when applied for 30 minutes before rinsing, lightens skin tone.
Do tell us your views in the comment section below.