Has your happy kid suddenly turned into a cranky one because of teething woes? Is your baby facing discomfort and drooling a lot? Well, we all know what it is. Teething in babies is painful as it breaks the gums for the new teeth to erupt. There is a way out of this, don’t worry! To quell the anger and irritation in your child while teething, we are providing the best natural home remedies to help your little ones through this milestone.
- Cold and Pressure: Partially freeze a clean wet cloth. Let your baby chew on that cold cloth so that the area becomes numb and reduce swelling.
- Massage: Gently massage the child’s gums with your fingers. This provides relief to the sore gums and all you need is a clean finger.
- Teething Toys: Teething toys will overcome your problem. A variety of teether like wooden, silicon, and ones filled with gel, etc. are also available online. Freezing the teether and then chewing will also be very effective.
- Homeopathic remedies: are something one can always look up to: Hyland’s teething tablets are homeopathic medicines that can soothe pain and provides relief for sore gums. Being safe and natural, they are easily available.
- Clove Oil will do the magic: For children above the age of 2 years, clove oil can be beneficial in overcoming teething problems. Mix 1 drop of clove oil with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and rub on the gums a few times a day.
- Honey: Apart from having a sweet taste, a little bit of honey will soothe the soreness. But for babies under the age of 1, please avoid using honey.
Remember teething is not a forever lasting problem. Once the set of teeth have erupted, the irritation will automatically disappear. Do tell us your views in the comment section below.