One can easily get irritated if their ears are clogged. The reason might be catching a cold, an ear infection, an imbalance of pressure in the Eustachian tubes or one suffering from sinus. The hearing often becomes obscure and you might enter into an embarrassing situation to repeatedly say “I beg your pardon"! Annoying, Right? Well, if you wish to get rid of clogged ears and save your life from situations like these, then you must try out these home remedies now!
Without a delay let’s get started and have a look:
- Olive Oil: Comprised of saturated fats and omega-3 fatty acids, olive oil definitely helps to soften your ear wax. To use it for your ears, warm some organic olive oil and with the help of a dropper put some drops in the affected ear. Allow it to settle. Now with the help of an earbud, remove the ear wax and excessive oil.
- Steam: Caught by cold this winters? It must have blocked your nose but has it clogged your ears too? Well, taking steam will work as a magic for you. It can help clear your ear canals and doesn’t let them dry out. Carrying the process is simple. Take a large bowl filled with hot steaming water. To it add few drops of essential oils (Lavender or tea tree). Inhale that steam slowly until your clogged ears open. Make sure to cover your head with a towel. (For reference an image is given below)
- Hydrogen Peroxide: It is considered to be one of the most effective solutions for earwax removal. If your ears are blocked by wax accumulation, then you can use 2-3 drops of hydrogen peroxide in the affected ear. (Excessive use of this solution might be harmful.)
- Valsalva Maneuver: Ever tried doing this? Shut your mouth, pinch your nose and exhale until you hear a ‘pop-like’ sound. Be careful of not using too much pressure or force while exhaling. This might damage your eardrums. Valsalva Maneuver is great to balance ear pressure.
- Try some passive techniques: These can help open the Eustachian tubes and in ear unclogging. It includes drinking plenty of water, chewing gum, yawning and swallowing frequently.
- Unclog your ears with warm garlic oil: Put a few drops of the warm garlic oil into the affected ear with a sterile dropper.
- Blow warm air: Blow warm air into the affected ear with the use of hair dryer.
- Apple cider Vinegar with Alcohol: An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Remember? To unclog your ears and break up any ear wax, just use 1-2 drops of this combined solution (take equal amounts of these two) to the clogged ear and the rest this solution will take care of! It has anti-bacterial properties which will help kill bacteria and any sort of infection you are suffering.
Hope these techniques and remedies help out to unclog your ears. Do consult a doctor if in immense pain. For other any other effective remedies, tell us in the comment section below.